Monday, September 15, 2014

Our Simple Fall Mantel ...

Greetings!!

If we could've pried our fireplace mantel/surround from the wall of our old house and nailed it to the wall here in our new house, we would've!  I truly miss it, but, we hope to "beef" up this one a bit in the near future.

Until then, I can't neglect our simple mantel and had fun adding a few Fall touches to it, with things that I already had on hand ... don't you just love free decorating?!


A pretty Fall print that I snagged from Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago, along with our whimsical "GIVE THANKS" blocks, take center stage:


I like "easy" decorating, which is why I love filling inexpensive apothecary jars with petite pumpkins, acorns and leaves:


A simple basket becomes the perfect place to toss a few pillows and add a soft blanket, inviting "warmth!"  Annnnd, our "falling leaves" made a return, too!


Instead of buying a new fireplace screen, I propped a metal piece from Kirkland's we had on hand against the glass:


I love the soft glow that the lights hidden behind our "GIVE THANKS" blocks, along with the fireplace, give off at night!


And, "speaking" of Fall mantels, I was very surprised (and appreciative) to see one of Fall mantels (from our old house) included in a fun Fall mantel article from Country Living!  Thank you!


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to finish up our kitchen project where the cabinets are now enjoying a lighter and brighter look... yay!


Happy "early" Fall friends and thanks for stopping by,

post signature

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love good finds from Tuesday Mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always, Becca! Your mantle displays never disappoint,

    Can't wait to see the kitchen reveal, I just know it's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Becca. Can not wait to see that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Becca...I love the soft glow in that last photo!! Can't wait to see your kitchen...I know it's going to be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smaller but just as pretty, Becca! I am going to hit the attic this afternoon and get some Fall stuff down. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but it has been cool here the past few days and it kind of puts you in the mood for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely Becca! Can't wait to see the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty! Like you don't ever do a pretty mantle, but now...
    We Want Kitchen! We Want Kitchen! We Want Kitchen!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright & cheery! I love the basket & accessories, so warm & cozy :)Happy Fall!!!

    Paige.Rose
    www.TheQuaintSanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Beautiful! Love all of the orange you have incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Becca! Very warm and inviting... Beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Becca! Happy Early Fall!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a knack for decorating for the holidays well. I love the little leaves you have hanging off your mantel too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks very nice! I just love fall and all that it entails. Enjoy!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Becca, as I knew it would be! Love that iron piece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the lights and the basket with the pillows and the throw. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I love everything you do Becca. This is beautiful!! I have to say the simple idea of the basket with the pillows and throw is my favorite. So glad you are enjoying your new home. Can't wait until we get the full tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There you go again, creating a beautiful mantelscape!!!...I love those adorable blocks!...and can't wait to see your kitchen makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becca, you have the best seasonal mantels! I always try to guess what you'll use in your seasonal design! You just amaze me! Your mantel is bright and just perfectly accessorized for Fall! Your hearth area is warm, cozy and inviting!Congratulations on the Country Living feature too! I love the white I'm seeing in your kitchen! You've been a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Becca, I always look forward to your mantles. They never disappoint. I started showing the new house.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca, you don't do anything small or simple. Your decorating is simply fabulous... as are you dear! I'll be looking for your mantel!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely wall pictures.For more have a look pictures

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love to see how you decorate your mantles, they always look so pretty and beautifully put together. Can't wait to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful. What did you use for the back lighting? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!